Start-Up Innovation Camp
Innovation is a major force for growth and development, ensuring competitiveness and providing the ingredients for lasting success. With the Start-Up Innovation Camp, World Tourism Forum Lucerne is seeking for the most innovative business models from around the world to capture this potential.
Selected by the jury, young entrepreneurs are invited to attend a full-day workshop in order to grow in their roles as business leaders and to receive valuable advice from experienced coaches. This provides a great opportunity to establish international contacts within a high-ranking audience and to push innovation to the next level.
International Start-Up Innovation Camp 2018
12 September 2018, Malaysia
After the successful Start-Up Innovation Camp 2017, we are back in the search for the most innovative new start-ups to apply for the international Start-Up Innovation Camp 2018! Integrated in PATA Travel Mart (PTM), Asia-Pacific’s worldwide travel trade exhibition, Start-Up Innovation Camp 2018 gives you the opportunity to:
- Win the Start-Up Innovation Award and a prize money of 15'000 USD
- Present your business model to the international investors and industry executives
- Qualify for "5 Minutes of Fame" at PTM 2018
- Free participation at PTM 2018 and all social programmes
- Attend the breakfast meeting with experieced industry leaders
- Receive deep industry know-how and advice from top experts in tourism, travel and hospitality sector
- Participate in a coaching programme for the next 2 years
- Become part of Start-Up Alumni Network and attend 2 yearly meetings
- Attend World Tourism Forum Lucerne 2019 for free (winners) or reduced price (-50% for finalists, -25% for all applicants)
- Free travel and accommodation in Malaysia
Find out more about Start-Up Innovation Camp 2018 here!
International START-UP INNOVATION PARTNERS 2018
Swiss Start-Up Innovation Camp 2018
9 November 2018, Switzerland
For the first time in Switzerland, World Tourism Forum Lucerne targets to screen Swiss start-up scene and find the most innovative business models among Swiss start-ups operating in travel, tourism and hospitality industry.
A full day of start-up pitches, trainings and workshops will prepare Swiss start-ups for the international call in May 2019. Stay tuned for more information!
winners of Start-up Innovation Camp 2017
about Start-up Innovation Camp 2017
After screening the world for the best Start-Ups in the categories Destination, Impact, Hospitality and Transaction, we have received over 170 Start-Up applications from 50 countries. After a thorough pre-evaluation, the best 16 Start-Ups (4 Start-Ups per category) were invited to the Start-Up Innovation Camp in Lucerne on 3 May 2017. At the full-day Camp our young entrepreneurs had the opportunity to pitch to investors, to grow in their roles as business leaders and to receive valuable advice from experienced coaches.
The best Start-Up from each category was honoured with the Start-Up Innovation Award (20'000 USD), had the unique opportunity to present his/her business model on the main stage of World Tourism Forum Lucerne 2017 and receive a free coaching from an experienced business expert for the next two years.